Each quarter will end with a Market Day in which 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students will have the opportunity to apply to run a business. Our VERY FIRST Market Day is October 20th! Students who would like to run a business that day will need submit their application and Lion Paw application fee of 30 Lion Paws to our Student Council (turn it in to your classroom teacher). Approved applications will receive a business license and be allowed to open for business. Those running businesses will be responsible to produce student-made goods and services.
It is our goal that students will learn first-hand about bartering, supply and demand, and making informed decisions when purchasing products and services. We are looking forward to a great Market Day!
Below are a few guidelines:
- Business owners will get ½ of a 6ft. table
- Business owners must create a poster to be taped to the front of their table, identifying their business name and the cost of their product or service
- Business owners are responsible for all items needed to display their products in an attractive way
- All products must be student made (parent help encouraged)
- Only approved products may be sold at Market Day, no substitutions
- We recommend making between 24 and 50 items
- Food products should be individually wrapped in order for buyers to save them for later
- Drinks are permitted (like root beer floats), and do not have to be wrapped
- Please identify peanut products on business poster
- Business owners should arrange to pay a student employee 3 Lion Paws per 30 minutes if they would like to leave their business in order to shop
Business Applications can be found HERE