2018 1stsemester grade level Performing Arts agenda
AUGUST – SEPTEMBER –All JK-5THGrades Study Chapel music implementing movement, melody and rhythm… plus grade level specific units as follows…
- JK & K Focus on rhythm, melody, and movement to music using hand signs, and fingerplay. Study “Carnival of the Animals” focusing on movement
- 1 & 2 Study of rhythm instruments and beginning music notation recognition “The math of music” Study “Peter and the Wolf” focusing on the rhythms
- 3 & 4 Flutophone (3rd) and Recorders (4th) Learning to read and play music on their instruments.
- 5Study of Bach and Beethoven. Music appreciation. Chapel Worship Team rehearsals during lunch on Wednesdays
OCTOBER-DECEMBER Grade level Units of study
- JKContinue focus on rhythm, melody and movement – Chapel music, Thanksgiving songs, and Christmas songs
- K Same as JK – in addition they will focus on their Kinder Christmas Program “The Best Gift”
- 1 & 2Continue study of rhythm and music notation recognition in preparation for their Christmas Program “Red Letter Christmas”
- 3 & 4Continue study of their flutophone/recorders in preparation for their performance of “Silent Night” for our Christmas Program “Red Letter Christmas”. They will also be learning to sing all of the songs for the Christmas Program.
- 5 Continue music appreciation as well as learn all of the songs and narration for the their Christmas Program “Red Letter Christmas”.
Mark your Calendars for the Christmas Programs as follows:
- December 6th 7pm “A” classes “Red Letter Christmas”
- December 7th 7pm “B” classes “Red Letter Christmas”
- December 18th TBD Kinder classes “The Best Gift”